Did you know that Robyn is the Health + Wellness spokesperson for Seamlessweb.com? We could not be more proud of our very own On-The-Go Guru. She recently wrote this great piece for the blog that we just had to share.
We know you all have busy lives and can’t cook every single meal at home. For all those times when you’re out enjoying life, or at home and need a break from the kitchen, these are the top tips you should keep in mind while ordering food.
by Robyn Youkilis
They say if you want something done to give it to a busy person, right? This saying is often true because when we’re in the natural groove of life – meeting work deadlines, making it to the gym, managing everyone’s schedules, and more – we’re uber efficient at getting things done.
Except when it comes to food.
Busy people tend to eat like, well, busy people. And this is exactly where ordering in can save the day, and even your waistline believe it or not! Seamless.com makes it super easy to go for the good for you choices. You can simply search for “healthy” or organic restaurants, plus, you can make any number of healthful adjustments to your delivery. No needing to draw on willpower when it comes to your next meal, your food arrives exactly how you (and your conscience) want it!
Here are 5 simple tips to help you stick to the healthy side of the road when ordering in:
- Always ask for sauce and dressing on the side in the special instructions. I also like to request lemon wedges that I squeeze into the sauce, doubling my dressing volume. Voila, your very own lightened up dressing!
- Light and lean proteins and vegetables are always going to be your best bets. Ask for double veggies and ditch the breads and pastas. If you’re craving some grains with your meal, opt for a whole grain option like brown rice or quinoa or even try a sweet potato.
- Work with the awesome system Seamless.com provides. Did you know you can bookmark your orders? Next time you’re in a rush you can simply re-order your favorite healthy dish, no thinking required.
- Order a healthy snack for later. Often it’s not during mealtime that we get tripped up, but the post lunch slump and stretch before dinner that leaves us starving without a healthy snack. Ask for a piece of whole fruit, chopped fruit, or small soup when placing your order so you’ll have something to reach for later.
- Remember that food is fuel and that nutrition isn’t just about the food itself, it’s about feeding your soul. What are you really craving right now? Do you need a hug instead of a cookie? Think about that next time you place your order and then make the best choice available. Don’t forget to slow down and savor every bite.
I hope these tips help when ordering out, whether you’re enjoying a relaxing night at home or busy day at the office. And remember, just because you’re busy, doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy.
Looking for even more on-the-go tips for your busy life? Download my free On-the-Go Guide packed with ideas and inspiration to help you feel awesome here, there and everywhere.
- See more at: http://blog.seamless.com/2013/03/the-healthy-road-to-delivery/#sthash.5q5tC6S6.dpuf