Usually when you think of breakfast for dinner you think pancake night or bowl of cereal.
But here at HCC we’re taking the breakfast for dinner concept to a whole ‘nother level…and [wait for it…] we’re adding granola on your salad!
That’s right, being the gluten free gurus that we are, we’ve come up with some pretty clever crouton replacers in our time. Some good ones were, roasted root veggies (aka Root Crouts), popcorn (so fun!) but have landed on Granola as the winner: try this recipe and we think you’ll agree that it’s not just a swap, it’s upgrade!
Mixed Greens w/ Granola Croutons + Yogurt Dressing
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 handfuls of mixed greens (we love kale, romaine or a spring mix)
- 5-7 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small handful of sprouts (optional)
- 1 heaping handful of granola. We recommend KIND vanilla blueberry clusters
Lemon Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain sheep’s milk yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon zest, juice and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
In a medium salad bowl toss together your greens, mint and sprouts. Top the salad with a heaping handful of Vanilla Blueberry Clusters and drizzle the dressing over top.