This herbaceous dish is chock full of flavor. Perfect for spring as it’s light, fresh and oh, so easy! With mint and parsley this classic side is chock full of health benefits. For an added boost of protein, fry an egg over easy and lay that on top. The ooey-gooey yolk will add great texture and taste.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine cooked quinoa with herbs, chopped vegetables, and dressing. Toss lightly and let it sit to absorb flavor.