Try this recipe, especially the Special Sauce and let us know what you think. We love it as a dressing with grains but how else will you use it? Salad dressing? Marinade? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Quinoa Salad w/ HCC Special Sauce
Super Power Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, apricots, dates…)
- 2 tablespoons nuts and/or seeds (pumpkin, sesame, hemp, almonds, walnuts, cashews…)
- 1/2 cup special sauce (see below…)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (we recommend a garlic press or microplane)
To prepare the quinoa put the quinoa, water, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and allow to sit for 5 additional minutes.
While quinoa is cooking prepare the Special Sauce. Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
After the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and put it in a large bowl with the arugula or spinach. Throw in nuts and seeds and dress quinoa salad with the Special Sauce. Adjust sauce, to taste. This dish is great both hot or cold.