There is no better way to start the day than with a glass FULL of nutrients. If you’re on the quest for the perfect breakfast, look no further. A green smoothie is kind of a health coach staple, so if you’re looking for maximum glow/ energy/ focus/ fullness with minimal time, this is your golden ticket.
Try it for yourself and let us know what you think down in the comments. What optional add-ins did you try?
WARNING: Your mouth will water while looking at all these amazing options.
HCC Green Smoothie
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 scoop Protein Powder by Sun Warrior, Warrior blend Vanilla or Chocolate
- 1 cup of a milk alternative (rice, almond, soy, or hemp) or water: I recommend water or unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 3-5 ice cubes
- 1 serving of fruit – 1 banana and/or berries (frozen works best)
- 2-3 kale leaves or 1 cup of any kind of dark leafy green (organic pre-washed spinach is an easy and great option)
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Natural Sweetener – stevia (I like a few drops of vanilla stevia), agave or raw honey (usually not needed as the powders tend to be sweet)
- 1 tablespoon of real cinnamon – cinnamon is great for your metabolism and adds a lot of nice flavor
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter – almond and peanut (make sure the nut is the only ingredient in the jar) – I’ll also add nut butter if the flavor or consistency is a bit off
- Splash of plain coconut water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- Greens powder – Health Force Superfood Vitamineral Green is great
- Raw cacao powder
- Maca powder
Add all ingredients to blender and begin to blend on low setting. Once everything starts to combine you can switch it to high and blend away. You may need to scrape the sides of the blender down with a spoon once or add an additional splash of liquid.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy! Feel free to play around with the ratios to see what you like best, more or less water for a thinner or thicker smoothie for example.