We love a good juice cleanse as much as the next holistic health fiend but sometimes a girl’s gut wants a deep clean without having to give up FOOD at all.
Last week we were lucky enough to embark on one of the best cleanses we’ve ever done – a 3 day raw food detox from Gingersnaps Organics. A favorite cleanse of our friend Gabrielle Bernstein, we knew we wanted to get in on the action to too.
So we popped by Gingersnaps and met with the owner and founder, Jamie. We immediately bonded over raw kale salads, the perfect tasting green juice [ed.note: Gingersnap's Kick Juice is our all time fave!] and some seriously out of this world raw donuts. We knew we had found our detoxing home when we saw the lineup in a raw food detox day:
- Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Garlic Spinach Salad
- Reuben Wrap and Side Salad
- Mango Coconut Pudding
So we each took home our food for the day and got “cleansing”.
Here were some of the highlights from our 3 day culinary detox adventure:
- The food was absolutely friggin delicious. Like off the chain good. We looked forward to each meal more than the last and couldn’t believe that we could eat all this yummy food on a detox!
- Umm, dessert? Yes please! Jamie includes these super satisfying puddings that are totally healthy and totally hit the spot.
- Fermented veggies. Every day includes a portion of kimchee or fermented veggies. These pickled raw veggies are great for digestion and getting rid of the belly bloat that can sometimes accompany copious amounts of raw foods. This added salad is a rare feature in raw food cleanses and we were so excited it was included in Gingersnaps To Go cleanse!
- Cleansing the body inspired us each to do some spring cleaning in our homes! Robyn completely cleaned out her closet (a chore she’d been avoiding for over a year!) and Quinn packed up her home of 3 years and started a brand new chapter living alone in a zen garden in Brooklyn (be on the look out for pics!).
If you’re in the New York area we highly recommend you swing by Gingersnap’s Organic at 130 E. 7th St. (212) 533-9939.