1. It’s all about the blanket. We recommend something large and in charge that can accomodate all of your food & friends. Roll your blanket in this Pendelton carrier and it’s insta-picnic-chic.
2. Fun straws give your picnic a festive vibe. Check out these adorable biodegradable straws.
3. For beverages, we recommend Belvoir Cordials. Mix it with some soda water and berries or spike it with your booze of choice. (Quinn<3s Tequila, Robyn + Vodka 4ever)
4. Bring along a salad like Holli Thompson’s Quinoa & Bean Salad with Mango. This was definitely a crowd favorite during Salad Fest 2013. Get the recipe HERE.
5. Seasonal fruit is a must. At this time of year we are bit past berries and totally onto stone fruit. Pick up some ripe peaches, plums and nectarines and you’ll be in heaven.
6. Also include seasonal fruit spread. Before you know it, fall will be here so savor all the flavors of summer while you can! We adore Le Pain Quotidien’s Organic Strawberry Rhubarb Spread. It’s made from great ingredients and is easy to find.
7. Cheeses. They’re a classic. We recommend asking your cheese monger for their recommendation for a good, organic goat or sheep’s milk cheese. It’s hard to go wrong with a goat brie or manchego.
9. For dessert you must have chocolate. We are obsessed with all things Gnosis, but especially their Fleur de Sel Bar.
10. You didn’t think we forgot about the basket? It’s all about carrier. We love this one from, where else but Target.
Are we missing anything? What are YOUR favorite picnic go-tos? Pretty please, share with the rest of the “Campers” in the comments below!